DDI: 01423 724624
Katie is a solicitor in our Trusts, Wills and Estates Unit. She has advised upon the following:
- The preparation of simple Wills and more complex Wills containing trusts
- Wealth management including lifetime and inheritance tax planning for high net worth individuals, business owners and individuals with landed estates
- The creation of suitable trust structures, including preparing a trust for vintage cars which were then to be leased from the trustees to the original donor
- A deceased estate where inheritance tax of over £600,000 fell due, advising on how to pay this and preparing a Deed of Variation to gift 10% of the estate to charity to benefit from the 36% rate of inheritance tax, rather than 40%
- Trust administration, including the drafting of Deeds of Appointment and Retirement of Trustees, Loan Agreements and Deeds of Indemnity and advising on taxation issues.
Katie is a Dementia Friends champion and is regularly involved in running training sessions for colleagues at Raworths.
Joined Raworths: 2016
Educated: University of Warwick and University of Law
Previous roles: Trainee Solicitor at SGH Martineau, Solicitor at Addleshaw Goddard
Solicitor: Qualified in 2015